This is a middle range technician position. Conduct processing tasks drawn from the following: melting, rolling, forging, machining welding, heat treatment and mechanical testing in support of research and development programs.
- Cutting, machining, welding, heat treatment, blasting, pickling as directed
- Support role in forging, rolling and melting
- Maintain identity of work at all times
- Obtain and submit samples for chemical analysis
- Capable of supporting the metal processing operations and/or metallography.
High school diploma or equivalent; specialized training required for operation of mechanical testing systems, microscopes and other specialized equipment. Up to 2 years of college credits in science or engineering discipline, maintenance or engineering environment is preferred.